Monday, July 11, 2011

Life's a Beach

En el mar, la vida es más sabrosa...

The sea! The sand! The sun! The great unwashed! Yesterday we all went for the first time to Far Rockaway, Brooklyn, for a day of fun in the sun. There were these huge white birds that make noises and eat garbage. Oh, how I wanted to chase after them, but this boardwalk thing was confusing and a little scary. I'm not used to walking on slats and there was a little girl who got a huge splinter in her foot (never heard anyone scream like that, ever), so my owners didn't want the same happening to me. It was decided that I promenade on people's arms (get in line).
The sea: is nice! It smells salty and I looove the breeze. I literally air surf. Give myself a blow dry with that nice, fresh wind.
If they had let me on to the sand, imagine all the towel pulling and toe biting I could have accomplished. Alas, one of them is a helicopter mother who monitors my chewing and sniffing as closely as Portnoy's mother did his bowel movements (she also monitors my bowel movements. Sometimes it seems my bowel movements are the sole reason for her existence). The other one thinks I am her personal chewable toy. She was the one that force fed me dessicated Puppy Chow on the boardwalk while they were getting these tasty Venezuelan Hot Dogs (I take issue with the name. Why not Hot Pigs, Hot Cows? What's up with the political incorrectness?). Anywho. I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment